Friday, November 30, 2012

If you cannot open your WP7 Project in Visual Studio 2012!

For the last month I've been swearing at the Visual Studio 2102 and WP8 teams...

The reason: because when I open my WindowsPhone 7 solutions, then it shows them as "unavailable" - which makes me very very sad - because I have to use VS2010:


However, last night @dsplaisted asked me if I'd tried right-clicking on them and reloading them.

It worked

I can now open my Windows Phone 7 projects in VS2012 :)

Apparently, the problem was:
  • I first tried to open this solution before the WP8 SDK was installed
  • Visual Studio 2012 didn't know about how to open these - so it marked them 'do not open' in my solution options.
I am sooooooooooooo glad I can open all my projects in VS2012 again!

No comments:

Post a Comment